Sunday, November 23, 2008

95 miles

This weekend I was playing with :
  • dynamic image generation with GDlib with php.
  • Adding, editing and removing objects in the DOM using JavaScript.
  • Starting to look into using ajax but don't have a goal yet.
So now the question is, what should I make...? Most of this is learning for new job requirements, but also it is not horrible to learn. Back in the day I was working mostly in php and a little bit of JavaScript; but I was working with JS when it did not have threads and gmail was not around, so a lot as changed ;-)

I have a few things I would like:
  • A recipe database for my favorite food (also a way to search or randomize a meal plan?)
  • A way to list upcoming events. More than list, maybe pull data from another place?
  • A way to graph things, like my running progress, traffic times or weight?
man... so many things to work on... this web stuff is not my first choice, but I need it to learn how to do my new job. The plus side is that it does not cost anything to make this stuff.

I still have high hopes for crazy hardware, it is still in the queue.

2 comments:

VLD said...

what is this "new job" think? You never really replied to that...

Scott Nichols said...

vld: ah, sorry, "new job" is a new position in the same company. we just had a reorg and my old team was dissolved and i am in a new one now... so i have a learning curve to climb