Monday, April 28, 2008

3 miles

Introduction: What is a chumby? well take a look here: chumby.com. Cool eh?

Ok now that the excitement has died down and you have thought for a moment about exactly what it is, you say "big deal". Well my friend, a chumby is unique in the fact that it is 100% open source! You want to take a look at it's software? It's hardware? You can. It has built in 802.11g, a QVGA screen, runs linux at 266 Mhz, 32 MB SDRAM, 64 MB flash, and two usb ports.

Why don't I buy one right now? Well, if i did it would be a spiral of out of control buying of the things I want. So for self motivation, I have setup this challenge to myself: If i run 100 miles I can buy one. Not at one time, but as an evening exercise to try to get myself back into shape as a result of the past few years of neglect.

More on what I plan to do with the chumby later...

So come back and check on my progress, I also hope to have project updates as I go.

8 comments:

Meg said...

neat!! this is the opposite of blogging what you ate and how sad you are about it.

CHUMBY!

Mladen said...

I'm so glad you are not running for cancer.

I want a DS too! Not a chummy, but maybe by the 70th mile I might join you and want a chummy too...

Ok, enough about anything else but a DS. You can get one of these with your DS: A CYCLO DS EVOLUTION!!!!! (god I feel like a GAIJIN) www.cyclopsds.com/

And then you can back up all of your bought games or accidentally downloaded games (ROMS) onto one 2GB or 8GB microSD. Then you can play it on your DS, flawlessly. You can save your games too. How awesome is that?

Do I have your blessings to run with you for a DS?

deoryp said...

@mladen dude, for sure you can run for a ds! maybe i can get a ds on mile 200! haha.

@meg thanks!! come back when i have more, i think you will find it very interesting...

Meg said...

ps: i can't believe you have a KEYBOARD on your wish list. nobody wants a keyboard!

deoryp said...

@meg i guess you have not seen this keyboard! each key is a little screen!! how cool is that?!? it is $1200 cool.

philips said...

I should set a goal for how many miles I have to bike before I buy an LCD TV :D

Great idea, we should go for a run when I come down.

Cheers.

Wm said...

Isn't it just an iphone with padding? My iphone does all that and I can put it in my pocket without getting weird looks from people. A chumby would give you a good stud bulge. ;)

Scott Nichols said...

@wm haha well.. go ahead and try installing your own software on that bad ass iphone of yours... let alone your own hardware.